sexta-feira, 15 de julho de 2016

UK

«Thanks to the new show, I had to visit an immigration office in Chicago to extend my work visa (...). It was, of course, meant to be a purely routine matter: I filled the form in carefully and presented it to the immigration officer, a guy in his mid-fifties. The ensuing dialogue went as follows:
‘Are you British?’
‘Yes.’
‘What's this then?’
‘Oh! That's my citizenship.’
‘You said you were British.’
‘... I'm sorry?’
‘Are you Ukrainian?’
‘...Ukrainian?’
‘It says here "UK".’
‘Oh! No, that's the United Kingdom.’
‘The what?’
‘The United Kingdom. England, Scotland, Wales and-‘
‘UK is Ukraine.’
‘Um. I don't think so. You know when they have debates in the Security Council, the British ambassador has a little sign in front of him which says "United Kingdom". UK...’
‘UK is Ukraine.’
‘I promise you, I did international law at Cambridge, and-‘
‘Are you Ukrainian?’
‘...No, but-‘
‘Change it please. There's a law against giving incorrect information.’»

So anyway, John Cleese

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário