terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2011

Se isto não é a coisa mais geek que existe

«Near the peak of the market, around 1999, it seemed that conversations about the stock market were everywhere. I used to play a game then with my wife when we went out to a restaurant to eat, I would predict that someone at an adjacent table would be talking about the stock market. I did not listen to others’ conversations, but I developed an ability to hear the word “stock market”. Usually I was able to catch it. Bringing up the stock market was seen then as an accepted, even mildly exciting, conversational gambit.The market was an agreeable topic. Five years later, bringing up the stock market at a social occasion no longer seemed so appealing; it might have seemed like an intrusion, a faux pas, a poorly judged attempt to mix business with pleasure. By 2004, one was more likely to hear about the housing market. The difference between 1999 and 2004 is subtle, but nevertheless revelatory of the fundamental change in investor enthusiasm for the market.»

Irrational exuberance, Robert Schiller

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário