domingo, 9 de outubro de 2011

Funny how falling fells like flying for a little while

«I’m up a set, rolling along, when suddenly I feel as if I’ve stepped in a mousetrap. I look down. The bottom of my shoe has fallen off. Peeled away.
I didn’t bring an extra pair of tennis shoes.
I halt the match, tell officials that I need new shoes. An announcement is made over the loudspeaker, in urgent staccato German. Can someone lend a shoe to Mr. Agassi? Size ten and a half?
It has to be a Nike, I add – because of my contract.
A man in the upper bleachers rises and waves his shoe. He would be happy, he says, to loan me his Schuh. Brad goes up and retrieves it. Though the man is size nine, I force his shoe on my foot, like some half-wit Cinderela, and resume play.»

Open, Andre Agassi

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário